Safari Engineering Careers
Explore exciting opportunities to join our dynamic team at Safari Engineering, a leading and innovative engineering company dedicated to transforming ideas into reality. We believe in pushing boundaries, fostering creativity, and delivering top-notch solutions that make a real impact on the world.
Why Join Safari Engineering?
- Innovative Projects: Work on challenging and cutting-edge projects that will push your skills and creativity to new heights.
- Collaborative Culture: Join a team of passionate engineers who believe in collaboration, knowledge sharing, and supporting one another in achieving common goals.
- Growth Opportunities: We invest in our employees’ growth and development, providing training programs, mentorship, and a clear career path to help you achieve your professional aspirations.
- Impactful Work: Be part of a company that makes a real impact on society by contributing to projects that improve lives and communities.
- Work-Life Balance: We prioritize a healthy work-life balance, offering flexible hours and remote work options when possible to support your well-being and productivity.
Current Job Openings
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Energy Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of energy management principles and practices, as well as experience in identifying and implementing energy saving opportunities. Must be able to travel and walk through buildings in NYC and Westchester.
- Develop and implement an energy management plan for facilities
- Track and monitor energy consumption and costs.
- Develop and maintain a cross-functional energy team.
- Conduct walkthrough audits and identify savings opportunities.
- Develop and propose energy-savings projects.
- Manage energy saving projects from start to finish.
- Report progress to NYSERDA or other incentive programs
- Develop case studies and road maps for publishing.
- Baccalaureate degree in engineering, environmental science, architecture, HVAC technology, energy management, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in energy management.
- Professional Engineer, Certified Energy Manager, or other relevant professional credential if preferred
- Knowledge of energy management, HVAC equipment and controls, lighting systems, Building Management Systems/Building Automation Systems, energy audit methodology, and potential energy conservation measures.
- Ability to identify and implement energy saving opportunities.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and project management skills.
- Ability to use a computer and relevant software.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify and implement effective solutions, and achieve results.
- Ability to effectively interact as a team member.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated technical professional to assist with project management on a variety of exciting Local Law 11 projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify new work opportunities and inform Client Services of potential projects with new or current clients.
- Provide overall administrative and technical management support on new facade/roofing opportunities from proposal preparation through final acceptance by client.
- Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy; provide coordination of project designs with other disciplines.
- Examine building exterior envelopes, develop work scopes and provide budget projections.
- Experience in FISP Inspections/Building Envelope Inspection
- Prepare construction documents and details to address all deficiencies in accordance with DOB and LPC requirements/guidelines.
- Conduct contractor bid solicitations/reviews.
- Perform construction observation and special inspections, issue site visit reports, and establish on-going dialogue with LPC, if applicable
- Create and maintain project schedules, issue change orders, review payment applications and oversee completion of project close-out.
- Actively monitor project budgets to ensure profitability, and develop/maintain client relationships.
Education and Experience:
- 4-Year Degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in designing and administering Local Law 11 inspection, repair/roofing projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated mastery in: estimating, scheduling, budgeting/cost control, construction observation, client relationship, interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication, organization and leadership skills, as well as ability to train others and monitor their work for quality and completeness.
- Applicants must be well versed in all facets of building exterior envelope, weatherproofing, masonry repair, historic preservation, landmarks and roofing projects, as well as FISP inspections and reports.
- A QEWI Certification is preferred
Safari Engineering is looking to fill a Commissioning Engineer position on our new-construction commissioning and retro-commissioning team. The role will lead and/or support a wide range of commissioning projects from design to completion including design review, construction inspections, functional testing, and project close out.
- Commissioning Oversight:
- Perform Commissioning Design Drawing & Specification Reviews
- Provide testing and validation oversight of electrical and mechanical infrastructure
- Review design documents
- Lead Factory Witness Testing (FWT)
- Manage third-party commissioning vendors in the performance of pre-functional, functional, and integrated systems testing
- Test mechanical and HVAC&R systems including chilled water plants, AHUs/RTUs/DOAS units, boilers, thermal storage systems, building management & automation systems, fire protection systems, plumbing equipment and systems, and other commercial and industrial heating and cooling systems
- Monitor, review, and execute all facets of Commissioning related projects
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Review component submittal packages
- Develop pre-functional checklists and functional test procedures
- Prepare and issue construction field reports
- Develop and maintain commissioning documentation
- Collect data for and conduct energy audits
- Perform field surveys and measurements
- Energy Efficiency and Auditing:
- Conduct energy audits through observation, inspection, and submetering at job sites
- Analyze utility bills to identify building energy consumption and potential opportunities for reduction
- Perform feasibility, energy savings, and cost-benefit financial analyses
- Analyze building energy consumption
- Project Management:
- Manage the project commissioning vendor whose primary scope is to identify issues, determine criticality, propose solutions, and document their findings
- Escalate critical issues to appropriate stakeholders
- Take ownership of project successes
- Work with vendors and contractors
- Develop construction cost estimates
- Technical Expertise:
- Review equipment submittals and controls sequences of operation
- Execute and witness performance functional testing
- Develop and/or commission energy management routines
- Perform engineering analysis and energy savings calculations
- Perform ASHRAE Level 1, 2, and 3 Energy Audits
Required skills include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Energy Management
- 2+ years of related experience
- PE License and CBCP certification is preferred
- Business acumen and leadership skills
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communications (written and verbal) skills
- Perform energy data analysis, synthesize results, and summarize trends including market forecast data
- Utilize and integrate computational and analytical methods and tools to analyze energy consumption, building performance, and carbon emission trends for buildings and portfolios
- Support with company initiatives for NYC Local Laws pertaining to energy and carbon emissions reduction efforts with specific focus on NYC Local Law 97 and Local Law 87
- Lead energy benchmarking efforts across all markets, including but not limited to NYC Local Law 84/133
- Oversee data collection and maintenance of utility, client, building, and weather data
- Implement protocols for organization and quality assurance of company-wide data sets and analysis tools
- Provide strategic and technical insight into energy and carbon savings, potential market gaps, and other market growth opportunities
- Keep abreast of changes in Federal, State, and City policy and other changes in the industry and identify how company data sets support industry and policy changes to drive market growth
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Job Requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with significant expertise in Excel is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in energy management or other relevant quantitative field
- Previous experience with NYC Local Law 87, 97, 84, 11 is preferred
- Understanding of energy efficiency concepts and building energy use
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning
- Proven ability to work independently and within in a team environment, and to proactively identify problems and solutions